Monday, August 30, 2010

Making Nightfreight

Nightfreight from john celona on Vimeo.

Nightfreight won the International Trailer Festival's Surprise Prize for August for best art design. John Celona writes about making Nightfreight:

I did a 'Robert Rodriguez' direct-write-shoot-edit-score the project on my own, beginning last May. Nightfreight is a feature-length script and has already made some rounds in screenwriting competitions, including first round in the 2010 PAGE Awards. I am finalizing and honing it and plan to enter it in Coppola's upcoming contest. The script consultant reviews I've had are all good, given that the film is an ensemble action-thriller and not high-concept.

I am interested in multimedia presentations for delivering content, the buzzword now being 'transmedia' and 'future storytelling'. I want to use integrated media in telling the story. That's why we include the graphic illustrations. In fact, we are preparing the graphic novel to Nightfreight at present.

For the trailer, I wrote the dialogue, which is drawn from the opening scene of Nightfreight. The music is mine too, a combination of material from my jazz group BlueCity and some recent live electronica performed by my trio The Krells.

That's me in the fedora in the corner (a Lenny Cohen lookalike some people say).

No comments:

Post a Comment