Sunday, August 29, 2010

Making Victor James

Victor James Official Trailer (IMTF Entry) from Thomas Gidlow on Vimeo.


Thomas Gidloe talks about VICTOR JAMES:

After editing the film was complete, I honestly wanted to get away from the project for a little while. I had been working on Victor James (my first production) since March of 2009 and just needed to clear my mind a bit about the film. My brother, Daniel Gidlow, who edited the opening and closing sequences of the film, offered to make the trailer and we made it a point that he would do it without direct input from me.. He was able to put his own spin on it, and it turned out better than I could have envisioned.

I am very hands on and want to try to do as much as I can to help this project. But sometimes, I can be my own worst enemy. I had pretty much figured a while back that I would be editing and scoring the film, editing the trailer, and pretty much everything else in post-production. But I have talented people around me, and delegating, although hard to do when you're dealing with your own creation, is essential to a very low-budget independent production. Daniel had the freedom to create within the environment I had put forth with the film to make a cool trailer, and now I have something that I think will create genuine interest for Victor James.


Watch Victor James at International Movie Trailer Festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment